How to prepare for IIM CAT 2016 How to prepare for CAT 2016 according to New Exam Pattern How to crack CAT 2016 in 100 Days Strategy to crack CAT Exam Latest CAT Pattern
How to Crack CAT 2016
What is CAT:- Indian Institute of Management will conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016. CAT 2016 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmed to IIMs. It is a dream of every young graduate to do his MBA from IIM. The CAT 2016 will experience some changes in form of a new structure. All of these have significant implications on how a student must approach the test. It is the time to reset your pointers to the new goal. We are discussing here How to prepare for CAT exam in 100 day Time Span.
Exam Process:- There is only one written exam in CAT Exam. In CAT 2016, there is a two day test window with four test slots. Candidates who qualify according to cut off decided by IIMs, is eligible for Counseling & get admission in Management Programmes in various IIMs.
Changes in the Structure of CAT 2016:- Every Competitive exam has its own unique character that has features such as the structure of exam, the content- both width & depth and the testing environment. We will analyze the changes the CAT within this framework while considering the implications these will have on your preparation for next 100 Days. These are the following changes occurred in the CAT Exam.
- The number of questions ask will be increase.
- Time Duration of CAT exam is extended upto 180 Minutes.
- There will be no sectional time limits in the CAT 2016.
- Sections has been increased from 2 to 3. Now Question will be asked from three section as Quantitative Aptitude (QUA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) & Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC).
- There will be 34 Questions from QUA & VRC while 32 questions will be from DILR.
- Candidates will be provided 60 Minutes to answer each section.
- Some Questions will not be Multiple Choice Type, candidates have to Answer them with Typing.
Candidates can download CAT 2016 Syllabus & Structure of CAT exam with Latest Pattern from the link given below:-
How to Prepare for CAT 2016:- Every Competitive Exam has its own unique character that has features such as the structure of exam, the content-both width & depth & the testing environment. We will analyze the changes in CAT within this framework while considering the implications these will have on your preparations for the next 100 Days.
Structure:- The structures of the exam determines the test taking strategy. The change has 3 significant elements:-
- Increase in the number of questions.
- Increase in the time limit to 170 minutes.
- No sectional time limits.
Since the launch of the Online Test format, No. of questions appearing in the CAT exam has been only about 2/3rd of the last few paper based CATs. This means that only 40 to 45 attempts are good enough & need to revisited. So, the psychological barrier that you need to cross to be in the zone of call getters is reduced.
Preparation According to New Pattern:- Candidates have to follow these steps:-
- In the current format candidates must aim at 60 to 65 attempts.
- Your ability to get to this level is aided by the fact that you will have more number of questions to choose from.
- Take advantage of this fact make sure that you’ve had practice covering a greater span of topics.
- Candidates will also have to move their targets from 40 to 50 in a time frame. Then push it to 60 as you move further in your preparation.
- Bottom Line is that you move from a scenario where you spend 140 seconds on a question to about 100 seconds per question.
- In New Version of CAT, there is 170 minutes time limit, it is almost 3 hours of time. Candidates need to built stamina.
- Stamina can be built only through sustained practice in simulated situations.
- Candidates are required to work as many Mocks as possible. We suggest you 20 Mock in 100 Day span of time.
- The Most Challenging & probably game changing element is the “no sectional time limit”. It changes the test from a knowledge checking paradigm to an aptitude checking paradigm.
- The key to good performance is how well you play your strength.
- It will include your knowledge, the questions that you have selected.
- Time Management Skills.
- So adequate practice ensures that you get your strategy right. Which questions first? How much time devote to each section? How many rounds of attempts?
Final Words:- The average level of papers is likely to stay at par with the earlier CATs. So, it is imperative to that you test yourself with all types of questions. Make sure that you know the previous CAT papers well.Candidates are advised to be prepared for a more competitive CAT exam. It is less than 125 days span of time in the exam. So Candidates take their study to upper level & prepare well for CAT exam.
Best of Luck to all CAT Aspirants
For More Information Please Visit: https://iimcat.ac.in
Candidates can leave their comments about this post in the comment box given below. Please share how Information of this article is useful for you. Any query about this post will be highly welcomed.
Hello Jobriya User we launched a New website for your better exam preparation please visit our new website - www.monoclass.com and please give Us Feedback too. plz register to check all the great things.