SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam Tips How to Prepare for SSC Stenographer Exam 2016 Important Topics Study Tips for SSC Stenographer Exam 2016 How to score more in SSC Steno Exam Strategy for SSC Steno Exam
SSC Stenographer Exam Tips 2016
Click Here to Download SSC Stenographer Exam Admit Card 2016 : Available Region wise
About SSC Stenographer Exam : Every Year Staff Selection Commission conducts Stenographer Exam for Grade C & D Posts. Its should be noted that Vacancies of Stenographer Grade “C” and Stenographers Grade “D” are in Ministries/ Departments of Central Government, including their Attached/Subordinate offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country. Candidates who have passed 12th/ Intermediate filled the form & will participate in the Exam. As Competition gets tougher, So Smart study Plan is needed. Merit has also started to go high. So Candidates need to Work Hard & Prepare well for Exam. SSC will conduct Stenographer Exam on 31 July, 2016. So in this Article we discuss how to prepare for SSC Stenographer exam, what topics to focus more, which topics should given less time.
Exam Process :- SSC Stenographer Grade C & D exam selection process is quite simple. First Step is an All India Written Exam & Second Step is Typing Test/ Stenography Test. Candidates have to pass in each step for Selection to the Stenographer Post in various Governmental Departments. Candidates need to do up to mark & focused preparation for this exam.
SSC Steno Exam Pattern :- SSC Stenographer Exam is of Total 200 Marks & Total Time Duration for this exam is 2 Hours.
- There are 50 Questions each from the topics:- (i) General Intelligence & Reasoning (ii) General Awareness. Every Question is of 1 Mark.
- There will be 100 Questions from English Language Part.
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there is Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in this Exam. So plan for exam is according to the pattern & syllabus of SSC.
- Remember that There is no Section wise Cut Off in this Exam.
Section wise Analysis/ Tips for Stenographer Exam 2016
(I) General Intelligence & Reasoning :- General Intelligence & Reasoning part is very important aspect of this exam. In This section you can score more that 40 Marks.
- This section is very scoring so candidates needs to focus more on this part.
- Reasoning Section is all about Practice. More you work hard at home, less time you get in this section.
- There is fix set of questions asked by SSC. So one need to practice previous Year Papers to get 45+ Marks in this Section.
- More Marks in this section enhances your chances of selection.
- Reasoning questions are less time taking than Aptitude questions in SSC exams.
- This part play a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depends on this section.
- Candidates must need to focus & Practice Non Verbal Reasoning.
Topics to focus more :- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Semantic Classification,Venn Diagrams, Direction Sense Test, Problem Solving, Symbolic/Number Classification, Airthmetical Reasoning, Semantic Series, Figurative Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving.
(II) General Awareness:- This is the section which is always in region of uncertainty. In this section paper section SSC have liberty to choose any topic & ask any type of questions related to topics because General Awareness covered vast syllabus.
- One should note that General Awareness is not a one day affair. This section need constant learning & Focus.
- After Learning Subjects, one need to give ample quizzes of all subjects.
- In recent time SSC ask number of questions from General Science section. so candidates can focus more study of General Science.
- Candidates can cover syllabus according to their strength as in this sections questions are to be ask from History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Current Affairs.
- In SSC exams candidates can have relaxation on topics related to Current Affairs because in this exam less questions are to asked from Current Affairs.
- Candidates are advised to select questions on which you have full confidence. Wrong Answers weaken your chances of scoring more.
(III) English Language :- Another important & scoring part of SSC exam is General English. English section in Stenographer Exam contains Lion’s Share. English Exam consist of 100 Marks.
- Candidates need to cover all Topics of English Language.
- As there are 100 questions, so SSC can ask from any topic.
- Candidates need to prepare those Topics first, in which they can get full Marks. These Topics are Sentence Rearrangement, Comprehension, Active & Passive Voice, Direct Indirect, Misspelt Words, cloze test.
- Candidates need to give quiz, Mock Tests. Do as many exercises as possible.
- Candidates need to be focused for Errors, Sentence Improvement Questions.
Topics to focus more:- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words,Idioms & Phrases, Active Passive Voice, Direct & Indirect Speech, One word substitution, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Skill Test in Stenography
The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English/Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only. The transcription time is as follows:-
For Stenographer Grade ‘D’:
50 minutes (English)
65 minutes (Hindi)
For Stenographer Grade ‘C’:
40 minutes (English)
55 Minutes (Hindi)
Tips to Crack SSC Steno Exam :- Candidates need to follow following Tips to crack SSC exam:-
- Focus on your Goal, Regular Reading & Selection Oriented preparation only helps you to crack this exam.
- Study Topic wise. Take one topic at one time & practice more questions on that topic to make it your strength in exam.
- After Reading all syllabus. Take yourself time to revise important topics related to exam. In Revision process focus more on the Topic which are your weakness. Pay less attention to Topic you well prepared.
- Mock Tests :- After you complete syllabus, give Mock Tests with Honesty & time duration of 2 Hour. It helps you to guide towards your weak points. In last five days focus on your weak points.
- In the Examination Hall make strategy according to your preparation. Take that section which is your strength & less time taking. Pay attention towards time during solving questions.
- Before filling your options on OMR sheets, take final look on questions & recheck your Answers.
All the Best For SSC Stenographer Exam 2016
Please Keep Visit our website (www.jobriya.in) for latest updates related to SSC Steno exam 2016.
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query.