IBPS PO Mains Exam Tips 2017 How to Crack IBPS PO Mains Exam Important topics for Mains Exam Probationary Officer Mains Time Management Strategy in Exam How to get Good Marks in PO Mains Exam
How to Prepare for IBPS PO/ MT Exam
What is IBPS PO/MT CWE:- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is fully responsible for conducting PO/ MT-VII Common Written Exam (CWE). IBPS every year organizes this online exam for recruitment of Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee. Candidates who have completed their graduation can give this exam. This is the most awaited exam for Banking Sector every year. IBPS PO exam is treated as highly rated exam of Banking Sector. In the recent years level of competition in Banking Sector is interestingly increased. So focused & planned preparation for exam become very necessary for Selection. In this article we are going to discuss how/ what to prepare to crack IBPS PO/MT exam, what topics to focus more, which topics should given less time.
Exam Process:- IBPS PO/MT selection process is very simple. First Step is an All India Written Exam (Pre and Mains) & Second Step is to face Interview according to your Merit in various Governmental Banks. Candidates have to given online exam only once for selection in various Banks. Candidates have to attain minimum cut off marks in each section & overall decided by IBPS to become eligible for Interview. Candidates have to do upto mark & goal oriented preparation for this exam.
Common Written Exam:- IBPS PO/MT Pre Exam is of 100 Marks while Mains Exam is of 200 Marks & Total Time Duration for this exam is for Pre Part is 1 Hour & for Mains Exam is 2 Hours 20 Minutes. IBPS has changed the Exam Pattern of Probationary Officer from Year 2016. Sectional Time Limit is introduced in This Year’s PO/ MT CWE VII Exam.
- In Pre Part, there will be only three sections. Namely Reasoning (35 Marks), Quantitative Aptitude (35 Marks) & English Language (30 Marks).
- Marks Distribution for each topic in Main Exam is as follows:- (i) Reasoning (50 Question, 40 Minutes) (ii) English Language (40 Question, 30 Minutes) (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (50 Question, 40 Minutes) (iv) General Awareness (40 Question, 20 Minutes) (v) Computer Knowledge (20 Question, 10 Minutes). It should be noted that Every Question will be of 1 Mark.
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there is Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in this Exam. So plan for exam is according to the pattern & syllabus of IBPS PO CWE V.
IBPS PO Mains Reasoning Tips : Reasoning part is very important aspect of this exam. This part is useful because of the pattern of questions ask in this exam.
- This section is very scoring so candidates needs to focus more on this part.
- Most of questions in this sections are comprehensive type reasoning. A paragraph is given & 4 to 5 questions asked related to that paragraph.
- So This part is very useful, by solving passage you can answer 5 questions in no time. so candidates needs to practice more questions of Comprehension type reasoning. This part take less time if you solve paragraph puzzles with full concentration.
- There is drawback of comprehension type reasoning, if you solve puzzle wrong, your all answers will be wrong. so candidates solve passage with Intelligence & Concentration.
- This part play a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depends on this section. So IBPS Aspirants ! Make Reasoning your main weapon in the exam for crack IBPS PO exam as this part contain 50 valuable marks.
- 40 Minutes are allotted for Reasoning Section. As we know the level of PO Exam is very much high so Candidates need to practice more & more puzzles to increase their Speed. Don’t try to solve all questions. Accuracy is the Key in Reasoning, keep that thing in Mind.
Topics to focus :- Seating Arrangements, Input-Output, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Inequalities, Puzzles (Floor Based, Row & Order Based), Data Sufficiency, Decision Making.
IBPS PO Mains English Tips : Another important & scoring part of IBPS exam is English Language. Candidate can score if they make proper time management.
- In this section candidates needs to focus more on selected topics like Errors, Comprehension, Cloze Test.
- Comprehension in this exam is very lengthy. so candidates have to manage time to read whole passage & answer to the Questions.
- It is often seen that candidates seems this less scoring. But this part is easy to score & less time taking if proper preparation time is given to English.
- Candidates are advised to don’t leave English part less prepared as it is very useful in scoring marks in written exam.
- There are 30 Minutes allotted for English Section so candidates have enough Time. Only answer those questions in which you are sure. Try to attempt at least one full comprehension Passage.
Topics to focus :- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Improvement, Parajumbles, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
IBPS PO Mains Quant Tips : Aptitude is the section which play final role in the marks & Merit List of candidates. Candidates who scores in this section have fare chances to score high in this exam.
- Questions in this section will be expected of Higher Level.
- Calculation is questions are time taking, so candidates have to manage time for solving questions.
- Don’t take much time on one question. Solve question according to their merit.
- 40 Minutes are allotted for 50 Questions in this section so First Focus on all question related to Data Interpretation, Number Series, Quadratic Equation, Data Sufficiency & Simplification (If any question asked). Then go for Arithmetic Section.
- Candidates can make strategy about how many no. of questions to be solve in Aptitude part with giving proper attention to all other sections because it is not practically possible to solve all 50 Questions in given time. Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
Topics to focus :- Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Number Series, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Data Sufficiency, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart, Radar Chart, Table Chart, Missing Data Interpretation.
IBPS PO Mains General Awareness Tips : Nowadays General Awareness is Key part to score in the exam. Candidates who are upto date about facts & news of everyday aspects score more in this section.
- In IBPS exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs.Focus mainly on current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector.
- Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture are topics from which questions will be ask.
- Some questions are related to Banking & Marketing.
- Candidates are advised to sharpen their axe on daily current affairs by reading newspaper, magazines related to current affairs.
- Candidates can answer only those questions on which they are fully confident because their is negative marking. Wrong answer lessen your chances for selection.
- Follow only one rule in this Section i.e. NO WILD GUESSES. There are 20 Minutes allotted so do only those questions in which you are sure.
IBPS PO Mains Computer Tips : In IBPS exams there is additional part of questions related to Computer Knowledge. In this section 40 questions are asked.
- In this section question are asked from topics related to Basic of Computers, Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Memory Orientation, Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology.
- Candidates can easily score in this sections because syllabus is not so vast. Questions ask on operations which a persons generally done on computers.
- This part is less time taking also so it can help in solving more no. of questions in Reasoning & Aptitude.
CWE Interview:- Candidates who are declared qualify by IBPS & have marks more than cut off prescribed by IBPS can fill forms of various Banks participated in IBPS for Interview. Interview will be of generally 30 marks. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks. In Interview main focus is on your personality, confidence, knowledge of Banking Sector, Current Affairs related to Banking, About RRBs, RBI Banking Rates & Personal Information.
Tips to Crack IBPS PO/ MT-VII Exam:- Candidates need to follow following Tips to crack IBPS PO exam:-
- As the Level of IBPS PO is much High than any other Bank exam so candidates needs to work very hard at regular basis.
- Focus on your Goal, Regular Reading of Syllabus topics, News papers & Selection Oriented preparation only helps you to crack this exam.
- Study Topic wise. Take one topic at one time & practice more questions on that topic to make it your strength in exam.
- Candidates needs to be upto date about Current Affairs.
- After Reading all syllabus. Take yourself time to revise important topics related to exam. In Revision process focus more on the Topic which are your weakness. Pay less attention to Topic you well prepared.
- Mock Tests:- After you complete syllabus, give Mock Tests with Honesty & time duration of 2 Hours 20 Minutes. It helps you to guide towards your weak points. In last five days focus on your weak points.
- If possible try to give online mock test, it take you proper feel of exam & you can Manage your time for solve the questions.
- Only High Scoring Marks takes you to your final Goal. so give exam taken this point to count.
- In the Examination Hall make strategy according to your preparation. Take that section which is your strength & less time taking. Pay attention towards time during solving questions.
Final Words:- Aspirants! Stay calmed & focused on your ultimate goal. You are born to win. No exam is tough until you decided to crack this full dedication & Hard Work. Stay focus on your study plan. Make full hearted attempt towards cracking the nut of IBPS PO/MT-VII. Give your 100% in the exam. Surely You will get your ultimate goal.
All the Best For IBPS PO Mains Exam 2017
Please Keep Visit our website (www.jobriya.in) for latest updates related to IBPS PO/MT CWE-VII.
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query.