Odisha SSC Clerk Syllabus 2017 OSSC Junior Clerk Exam Syllabus 2016 Odisha SSC Junior Assistant Syllabus 2016-17 Orissa SSC Jr. Clerk/Assistant Exam Pattern Pre Mains Selection Process
OSSC Jr. Clerk/Assistant Syllabus 2017
Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is going to recruit Junior Clerk and Junior Assistant. A prescribed selection process will be adopted by the commission.
Exam Pattern :- Scheme of OSSC Clerk/Assistant Pre exam is as follows :
► There will be an objective type test of qualifying nature.
► A question paper based on General Awareness of 100 marks.
► The time duration of test will be 01:30 hours (90 minutes).
Exam Syllabus :- Odisha SSC Jr. Clerk/Assistant syllabus is given below :
Questions on Current events, History, Geography, General Science, Constitution of India, Human rights, Basic Computer Skill Test, English language/Odia language, comprehension etc. as may be commonly expected from +2 qualified person and Arithmetic of High School standard will be set in the examination.
Main Written Examination
Exam Pattern :- OSSC Clerk/Assistant mains exam pattern :
|Paper-I||Language test in English & Odia||100||2 hours|
|Paper-II||General Knowledge||100||1½ hrs|
Basic Computer Skills
Exam Syllabus :- Syllabus of Orissa SSC Clerk/ Assistant Mains Exam :
English Language Test: (50 marks)
- Grammar (20 marks) – Verbs, Tenses, Modal, Active and Passive Voice, Subject-Verb concord, non-finite verb forms (infinitive and participles), Sentence Structure, Connectors, Type of sentences, Type of Phrases and Clause, Direct & Indirect Speech, Comparison, Determiners, Pronouns, Prepositions.
- Unseen Passage-(400-450 words in length) with a variety of comprehension questions including vocabulary (10 marks)
- Essay writing-on familiar topics (within 250 words) (10 marks)
- Letter Writing-(Personal Letter, Application, Business and Official) (within 150 words) 10 marks
Odia Language Test: (50 marks)
- Grammar (20 marks)
Transformation of Sentences (02 marks) Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative, Exclamatory, Simple, Compound, Complex.
Transformation of words (noun to adjective and adjective to noun) (02 marks)
Sandhi (02 marks)
Samasa (03 marks)
Antonyms and Synonyms (02 marks)
Correction of common errors in words (03 marks)
Idioms and Phrases (02 marks)
Taddhita and Krudanta (02 marks)
Punctuation Marks (02 marks)
- Composition (20 marks)
Essay writing on familiar topics and personality (within 250 words) (10 marks)
Latter Writing (Personal letter, applications, Business and Official) (within 150 words) (05 marks)
Translation (one English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia) (05 marks)
- Comprehension of an unseen passage. (5×2=10 marks)
Five short questions to be asked.
General Knowledge (100 marks)
In this paper, there shall be a series of questions of different categories like :
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places.
- geographical facts with places
- State, countries and institutions with headquarters.
- Books and authors.
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses.
- Current events with places and personalities.
- Matching questions of miscellaneous types.
Mathematics (100 marks)
- Fractions and Decimals
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Rates, Taxes and Insurance
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Problems on Time & Work
- Problems on Time and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
- Under this there will be a series of questions in practical Mathematics required in day-to-day use. The questions would be such as to test candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
Computer Awareness (100 marks)
- MS Windows : Introduction of Windows.
- MS Office : MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel & MS Access
Computer Skill Test (practical):
To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s) :
*Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste, Delete
II. MS Word
A paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
*Editing and Formatting text and paragraph
*Page and Paragraph Setup.
*Inserting pictures and WordArt.
III. MS Power Point
A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
*Editing and Formatting slides
IV. MS Excel
A problem in Spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
*Formatting cells and data
*Functions and formulae (Relative, absolute and mixed reference)
V. MS Access
A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination
*Creating and entering data into a database.
*Setting the primary key
*Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the answer sheets.
For More Details – http://www.ossc.gov.in/