UPSC Civil Service Syllabus 2017 UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus 2017 UPSC IAS Pre Exam Syllabus & Pattern 2017 Check Scheme of UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2017
UPSC Civil Services Pre Exam Syllabus 2017
Union Public Service Commission is fully responsible for conducting the Civil Services Exam All Over India. UPSC organizes Civil Services exam in two phases. First Phase of Civil Service exam is Preliminary exam. Exam Pattern & Exam Syllabus of UPSC Civil Services exam is discussed here:-
Exam Pattern:- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each & Time Duration of 2 Hour.
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
Paper-I:-Paper-I will be of General Studies-I.
Paper-II:- Paper-II will be of General Studies-II. Paper-II will be of CSAT Pattern.
There will be negative marking. one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude,etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc).
NOTE:- Candidates who qualify the Pre written exam will be eligible to take part in Phase-II of the exam i.e UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam.
For More Information Please Visit : http://upsc.gov.in/
Candidates can leave their respective comments in the comment box. Any Query & Question about this post will be welcomed and our panel will solve your relative query.