APSET Syllabus 2020 Andhra Pradesh SET Exam Syllabus 2020 Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test Subject wise Syllabus 2020 Andhra University APSET Paper I & Paper II Exam Pattern Important Topics / Subjects
Table Of Contents
APSET Syllabus 2020
About APSET Notification:
Andhra University Has Invited Applicant for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test On behalf of Andhra Pradesh. All the Candidates Applied for this Examination. The Date of Application Submission is Commenced from the Date 14th August 2020 to 19th September 2020. Check Detailed Information About Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test from Below.
|University Name||Andhra University|
|Name of Exam||Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Exam Date||6th December 2020|
|Application Submission Date||14th August 2020 to 19th September 2020|
About APSET Exam:
Candidates who applied online will be called for examination. The Exam Will be Conducted on 6th December, 2020 (Sunday). Exam Will be Conducted in Two Shifts (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M. & 10:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.).
- Written Exam (Paper I & Paper II)
Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- Exam Will be Objective Type.
- There Will be 2 Papers.
- There is No Negative Marking.
Paper I (Common for all Candidates Appearing APSET)
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type questions.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- The question paper – I will be bilingual (English and Telugu).
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper – II for the following subjects a) Commerce b) Economics c) Education d) History e) Political Science f) Public Administration and g) Sociology will be bilingual (English and Telugu). All the remaining papers are in English only except Hindi, Sanskrit, Telugu and Urdu.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type questions based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|I||100||50||1 Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST|
|II||200||100||2 Hours (10:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) IST|
APSET Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
PAPER – I
The main objective is to assess the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. The test aims at assessing the teaching and research aptitude as well. Candidates are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities, which include comprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments, deductive and inductive reasoning. The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness about teaching and learning processes in higher education system. Further, they should be aware of interaction between people, environment, natural resources and their impact on the quality of life. The details of syllabi are as follows:
Unit-I – Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding and Reflective), Characteristics and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences.
- Factors affecting teaching related to: Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment and Institution.
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher centred vs. Learner centred methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs etc.).
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based.
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
Unit-II – Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post- positivistic approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods.
- Steps of Research.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
- Application of ICT in research.
- Research ethics.
Unit-III – Comprehension
- A passage of text be given. Questions be asked from the passage to be answered.
Unit-IV – Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society.
Unit-V – Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.).
Unit-VI – Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple use for establishing validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension).
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference).
Unit-VII – Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and classification of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
- Data Interpretation.
- Data and Governance.
Unit-VIII – Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing.
- Digital initiatives in higher education.
- ICT and Governance.
Unit-IX – People, Development and Environment
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals.
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on environment.
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio- Economic and Political dimensions.
- Impacts of pollutants on human health.
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
Unit-X – Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India.
- Professional, Technical and Skill Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration.
- Five questions each carrying 2 marks are to be set from each Module.
- Whenever graphical/pictorial question(s) are set for sighted candidates, a passage followed by equal number of questions and weightage be set for visually impaired candidates.
PAPER – II (the syllabus for paper – II in APSET 2020 is merged syllabus of paper II & III of earlier Year 2017
Final Words :
All the Candidates are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website to got the Information Regarding Exam Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information. Also the Candidates Can Bookmark us (www.jobriya.com) by Pressing Ctrl+D.
Important Link Area of APSET Syllabus:
|Admit Card||APSET Admit Card|
|Recruitment Details||APSET Notification|
|Official Website||https://apset.net.in/home.aspx or https://www.andhrauniversity.edu.in/|
!!..Wish You All The Best..!!
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query. Keep Updating Yourself.