CEED Syllabus 2021 Exam Pattern Marking Scheme CEED Pattern Common Entrance Exam For Design 2021 Important Topics Complete Syllabus Details Marking Scheme Previous Years Question Papers For Practice Syllabus For Part A and Part B Exam in January IIT CEED 2021
Table Of Contents
- 1 CEED Syllabus 2021
- 2 About CEED :
- 3 About CEED 2021 Exam :
- 4 CEED Exam Syllabus 2021 :
- 5 Exam Pattern :
- 6 Marking Scheme :
- 7 Final Words :
- 8 Important Link Area
CEED Syllabus 2021
Latest Update 13 Oct 2020: CEED 2021 Date of Exam is 17 January 2021, Sunday. Important Topics and syllabus are given below. Important links are also available…
About CEED :
Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is to assess the candidate’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem-solving skills. CEED is conducted by IIT Bombay. Qualifying in CEED alone does not guarantee admission to any of these programs. Admitting institutes may conduct further tests and/or interviews for the final selection/admission.
About CEED 2021 Exam :
It is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
CEED Exam Syllabus 2021 :
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and / or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories, etc
Note: Previous years question papers are also available download link is given below.
Exam Pattern :
Part A: Screening Test (Computer Based Test)
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||10||30|
|Multiple Select Question (MSQ)||10||20|
|Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)||25||50|
Part B: Written Examination
(question paper will be on Computer Screen and answer sheet will be provided for the exam)
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
|Discipline Specific Question||5 (answer any one)||40|
Marking Scheme :
- 3 marks for each correct answer in NAT section.
- 2 marks for each correct answer in MSQ section.
- 2 marks for each correct answer in MCQ section and 0.6 negative marks for each wrong answer.
40 marks in Discipline Specific Question,
The 20 marks in Creative Question,
20 marks in Sketching Question,
20 marks in Visualization Question.
NOTE: There is negative marking only in the PART A Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Section.
Final Words :
Make sure that you prepare well for the CEED 2021 exam question paper. Candidates are advised to be prepared, It is seven months away. So Candidates take their study to the upper level & prepare well for the exam.
Important Link Area
|Notification||CEED 2021 Notification|
|Previous Years Question Papers||Download PDF|
|CEED Exam Notification||CEED 2021 Brochure|
Candidates Can Leave Their Respective Comments Regarding CEED Exam Syllabus & Pattern 2021 In the Comment Box. Candidates Can Share Any Query Regarding This Post. www.jobriya.in