GATE Application Form 2021 Candidates can do Registration from 14 September 2020 Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering Sept 2021 Online Registration GATE September 2021 Online Registration Form Check Exam Dates Eligibility Criteria Selection Process 2021 GATE Application Form Online
Table Of Contents
- 1 GATE Application Form 2021
- 2 About GATE:
- 3 The highlight of GATE Application Form 2021:
- 4 Eligibility Criteria(No Age Limit):
- 5 Application Fee:
- 6 Documents Required for filling the Application:
- 7 How To Apply:
- 8 Important Dates:
- 9 Important Link Area
- 10 FAQs Regarding GATE 2021 Application Process
GATE Application Form 2021
Latest Updated on 14.09.2020: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Bombay) has announced the GATE 2021 Registration from 14 September 2020 to 30 September 2020. The online application portal will be open soon. Till then students have to wait and visit our page daily.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination among the administering Institutes.
The highlight of GATE Application Form 2021:
- Syllabi of all subject papers have been revised for GATE 2021.
- All Test Papers of GATE 2021 will be entirely objective type.
The pattern of questions will include some Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), while the remaining questions may include Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- ONE or TWO subject papers allowed. TWO Paper combinations have to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers. Final allotment of TWO papers will still be subject to the availability of infrastructure and dates.
- Eligibility criteria are relaxed. A Candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any Government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for GATE-2021 examination.
- There is NO age limit to appear for GATE 2021 examination.
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through the GATE-2021 website link GOAPS. Even if a candidate is appearing for TWO Papers, the candidate should fill the ONLY ONE application form.
- GATE-2021 scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
- Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the schedule of the GATE 2021 examination may change.
- Due to COVID-19 related international travel restrictions, examinations at the International Centres may be dropped, if the situation is not conductive by end of November 2020.
- Details available at the official website: https://gate.iitb.ac.in
- Organising Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay).
Eligibility Criteria(No Age Limit):
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts.
Details of Application Fee for GATE-2021 (Per Subject Paper):
|For Examination Centres in India||Regular Period|
(14th to 30th Sept. 2020)
|During the Extended Period|
(1st to 7th Oct 2020)
|Female candidates (per paper)||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|All other candidates (per paper)||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
Documents Required for filling the Application:
The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt/Prof/Capt, etc. MUST NOT be used before a name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper(s) (subject)
- Four Choices of GATE examination cities
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- The Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Candidates Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Dyslexia (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of the valid photo Identity Document (ID)(The same ID, in original, MUST be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card/UPI details for fee payment
How To Apply:
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. Candidates can apply online only from 14.09.2020 to 30.09.2020 through GATE GOAPS website and no other mode of application will be accepted. (These dates are tentative). GATE 2021 will be organised by IIT BOMBAY.
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Monday||14th September 2020|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration / application portal||Wednesday||30th September 2020|
|End of EXTENDED period for online registration / application|
(with late fee)
|Wednesday||7th October 2020|
|Last Date for change of category, paper and examination city|
(an additional fee will be applicable)
|Friday||13th November 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal|
(for download and printing)
|Friday||8th January 2021|
|GATE 2021 Examination|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2021|
6th February 2021
7th February 2021
12th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Announcement of results in the Online Application Portal||Monday||22nd March 2021|
Important Link Area
|Apply Online||Available NOW |
|Download Brochure||Download PDF GATE 2021|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Previous Years Q&A||GATE 2016,17,18,19|
Candidates can leave their respective comments in the comment box. Candidates can share any queries regarding GATE 2020. Our Panel will answer your query. www.jobriya.in
FAQs Regarding GATE 2021 Application Process
Yes, you are eligible and can apply.
NO. There is NO age limit to appear for GATE 2021.
NO. One can appear for the GATE examination any number of times.
Refer to Section 4.4.2 given in the GATE 2021 Brochure and by visiting the website https://gate.iitb.ac.in
NO. One e-mail address can be used to submit only ONE application form.
NO. The two papers option may be selected based on the given set of combinations in a SINGLE form only.
NO. Category certificate is required only for Indian nationals (appearing from exam centres within India), who wishes to avail a concession in application fee. As far as the GATE 2021 examination is concerned, only SC/ST/PwD candidates and all women candidates are eligible for application fee concession.
You can check the status of your application by logging into GOAPS website
The cut-off score and fee for EWS candidates will be SAME as General candidates.