How to Crack CAT 2020 How to prepare for CAT 2020 CAT Preparation Tips New Exam Pattern How to crack CAT 2020 in 100 Days Strategy to crack CAT Exam Latest CAT Pattern changes in pattern CAT 2020 Tips and Strategies to crack the CAT Exam 2020 Common Admission Test 2020
How to Crack CAT 2020
Indian Institute of Management will conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020, as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmed to IIMs. It is a dream of every young graduate to do his MBA from IIM. The CAT 2020 will experience some changes in the form of a new structure. All of these have significant implications on how a student must approach the test. It is the time to reset your pointers to the new goal. We are discussing here how to prepare for the CAT exam in limited TimeSpan.
There is only one written exam in CAT Exam. In CAT 2020, there is a two-day test window with four test slots. Candidates who qualify according to cut off decided by IIMs are eligible for Counseling & get admission in Management Programmes in various IIMs.
Changes in the Structure of CAT 2020:
Every Competitive exam has its own unique character that has features such as the structure of the exam, the content- both width & depth and the testing environment. We will analyze the changes in the CAT within this framework while considering the implications these will have on your preparation. These are the following changes occurred in the CAT Exam.
- The number of questions asks will be increased.
- Time Duration of the CAT exam is extended up to 180 Minutes.
- Sections have been increased from 2 to 3. Now questions will be asked from three sections like Quantitative Aptitude (QUA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) & Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC).
- There will be 34 Questions from QUA, 32 from DILR & 34 questions will be from VARC.
- Candidates will be provided 60 minutes to answer each section.
- Some Questions will not be Multiple Choice Type, candidates have to Answer them with Typing.
How to Prepare for CAT 2020:
Every Competitive Exam has its own unique character that has features such as the structure of the exam, the content-both width & depth & the testing environment. We will analyze the changes in CAT within this framework while considering the implications these will have on your preparations.
Candidates have to follow these steps:-
- In the current format, candidates must aim at 60 to 65 attempts.
- Your ability to get to this level is aided by the fact that you will have more number of questions to choose from.
- Take advantage of this fact make sure that you’ve had practice covering a greater span of topics.
- Candidates will also have to move their targets from 40 to 50 in a time frame. Then push it to 60 as you move further in your preparation.
- Bottom Line is that you move from a scenario where you spend 140 seconds on a question to about 100 seconds per question.
- In the New Version of CAT, there is 180 minutes time limit. Candidates need to build stamina.
- Stamina can be built only through sustained practice in simulated situations.
- Candidates are required to work as many Mocks as possible. We suggest you 40-50 Mocks in 6 months.
- The Most Challenging & probably game-changing element is the “no sectional time limit”. It changes the test from a knowledge checking paradigm to an aptitude checking paradigm.
- The key to good performance is how well you play your strength.
- It will include your knowledge, the questions that you have selected.
- Time Management Skills.
- So adequate practice ensures that you get your strategy right. Which questions first? How much time devoted to each section? How many rounds of attempts?
The average level of papers is likely to stay at par with the earlier CAT. So, it is imperative that you test yourself with all types of questions. Make sure that you know the previous CAT papers well. Candidates are advised to be prepared for a more competitive CAT exam. So Candidates take their study to the upper level & prepare well for the CAT exam.
Best of Luck to all CAT Aspirants
Important Link Area
|Admit Card||CAT 2020 Admit Card|
|Notification||CAT 2020 Notification|
Candidates can leave their comments in the comment box. Any Comment/ Query about this post will be Highly welcomed.(www.jobriya.in)