PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022 Punjab PSC has released the Asst. Town Planner (Group-A) Detailed Syllabus pdf Candidates Can Check Punjab PSC ATP Written Exam Pattern & Selection Process of पंजाब असिस्टेंट टाउन प्लानर भर्ती
PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus 2022
Advt. No. 2022 13, 14 & 15
Hello Aspirants, Here in this Article We Will Discuss about the Detailed Syllabus of 37 Posts of Punjab PSC Assistant Town Planner (Group-A). Candidates Can Check Detailed Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Selection Process of ICAR Indian Agricultural Research Institute Assistant. Here we are sharing the Detailed Syllabus & Other Exam Related Information of PPSC ATP Posts. Check More Details from Below……..
Brief of PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus
|Department Name||Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)|
|Name of Post||Assistant Town Planner|
|No. of Vacancy||37 Posts|
|Dates of Application Submission||02/06/2022 to 23/06/2022|
|Date of Written Exam||Announce Later|
|Selection Process||Written Examination|
|Exam Pattern||Objective Type|
|No. of Questions||120|
|No. of Marks||480|
|Time Duration||two (02) hours|
|Negative Marking||1 (one) mark|
Written Examination of Punjab PSC Asst. Town Planner
Exam Pattern of Punjab PSC Asst. Town Planner:
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- Exam Will be Objective Type.
- Questions will be in the form of Multiple Type Choice Questions.
- Total Number of Questions in this Exam will be 120.
- Maximum Marks for this Exam will be 480.
- Each Question will be of 4 marks.
- Time allocated for this Exam will be of 2 hours.
- There will be a Negative Marking of 01 mark for attempting the wrong answers.
- The question paper will be in English Language only.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Questions from the Subject (Part A of Syllabus)||100||400 marks|
|Questions from General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning and Mental ability (Part B of Syllabus)||20||80 Marks|
|Total questions||120||480 Marks|
Exam Syllabus of Punjab PSC Asst. Town Planner:
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
Part A -Subject Syllabus
- History of Town planning: –
- Principles of town Planning, Town planning in ancient India, Indus valley Civilization, medieval period, necessity of town planning, growth and forms of towns, site selection for an ideal town, urbanization and, industrialization and its effects on town planning.
- Contribution of planners, Lewis Mumford, Patrick Geddes, Peter Hall, Le Corbusier, Tony Garnier, Ebenezer Howard.
- Theories of urbanization including Concentric Zone Theory, Sector Theory, Multiple Nuclei Theory and other latest theories.
- Basic Planning Concepts:-
- Theories governing the Urban Land use Planning
- Demographic Projections & methods
- Transportation studies like Origin & Destination.
- Industrial Location & Impact assessment.
- Environmental study & EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Density gradient / distribution for carrying capacity analysis in relation to utilities and services
- Urban design considerations in Urban planning theory and practice.
- Planning Techniques: –
- Physical surveys and Socio-economic surveys
- Methods adopted for collection of data for development and re- development of residential, commercial, industrial and re-creational areas
- Land use classification/coding
- Techniques of preparing base maps, regional, city, zone, local area plans
- UDPFI guidelines, zoning regulations and development controls.
- Inclusive planning and sustainable development.
- Emerging Concepts: Global City, inclusive city, Safe city etc. City of the future, future of the city; shadow cities, divided cities; Models of planning: Advocacy and Pluralism in Planning; Systems approach to planning: rationalistic and incremental approaches, mixed scanning and middle range planning, advocacy planning and action planning, equity planning
- Planning process: –
- Master Plan, Development plan, structure plans, local plans, district plans, sector plans, local area plans, and regional plans
- Social research techniques: social survey land use survey, physical survey, building use, density, age of building, application aerial/remote sensing/GIS
- National policies affecting urban settlement planning
- Socio-economic Planning: –
- Nature and scope of sociology- concepts and methods
- Man & environment- community and settlements, urban sociology-tradition and modernity
- Social problems of slums and housing
- Basics of economics – economic and human settlements concepts of economic and economic growth-demand and supply-production economic-markets
- Master planning and Zoning: –
- Objects and necessity of Master plan
- Stages in preparation of master plan
- Principles of zoning
- Objects and importance of zoning
- Development control regulations
- Site plans /area plans
- Physical and social infrastructure
- Traffic and Transportation planning: –
- Principles of traffic and transportation planning
- Role of transport, types of transport systems, problems and mobility issues
- Classification of roads, principles of segregation of traffic, types of streets, road system, road junctions, parking facilities, traffic signals, street lightings, traffic management.
- Traffic and transportation surveys and studies
- Basic principles of Transport infrastructure design
- Transport, environment and safety issues
- Slum and re-development of existing towns: –
- Causes, growth, characteristics, effects of slums
- Slum clearance and rehabilitation
- Compensation for slum clearance
- Urban renewal
- Housing: –
- Housing policies
- Housing and area planning standards net residential density and gross residential density, development controls and building byelaws
- Fundamentals of Development Control Norms / Regulations, ECBC Norms and GRIHA relating systems, concepts behind development of area specific byelaws
- Industrial planning: –
- Classification of industries
- Selection of site/location for industries
- Planning of industrial estate
- Industrial waste and treatment.
- Planning for Infrastructure
- Planning of urban network and services
- Infrastructure systems
- Issues related to centralized city water supply and decentralized systems.
- Waste generation, Waste water disposal system including storm water drainage system
- Solid waste disposal and management
- Planning for fire protection
- Regional Planning: –
- Concept of Regional Planning
- Principle involved in delineation of regions
- Factors influencing Regional planning.
- Planning legislations: –
- Concepts, sources, terminologies, significance of law and its relationship to Urban Planning; Indian Constitution: concept and contents; 73rd and 74th Constitution Amendment Act.
- Evolution; An over view of legal tools connected with Urban Planning and Development, Land Acquisition Act,
- Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development Act
- Procedures for preparation and implementation of Regional Plans, Master Plans and Town Planning Schemes
- Professional Practice: –
- Aims and objectives of professional Institutes
- Professional role and responsibility of planning consultants
- Professional ethics
- Code of conduct
- Scale of professional charges.
Part B – General Knowledge And Logical Reasoning & Mental Ability
- General Knowledge
- Current Events of State, National and International Importance
- Personalities in News
- Games, Sports and Multi media
- Economic issues.
- Polity issues
- Environment issues
- Science and Technology.
- (a) History of India with special reference to Indian freedom struggle movement
(b) History of Punjab- 14th century onwards. Science, Technology Environment in Contemporary Context.
- Indian Art, Literature and Culture.
- Information and Computer Technology (ICT) —
- ICT: Advantages, disadvantages and uses.
- Basic of Internet and Its applications.
- Developments in Educational Technology.
- Any other current issues.
- Logical Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability.
- Basic numerical skills; numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation.
- Data analysis; Graphic presentations, charts, tables, spread sheets.
Final Words :
All the Candidates are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website to got the Information Regarding Exam Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information. Also the Candidates Can Bookmark us (www.jobriya.in) by Pressing Ctrl+D.
Important Link Area for PPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus:
|Punjab PSC Assistant Town Planner Admit Card||—|
|Punjab PSC Assistant Town Planner Recruitment Details||Detailed PPSC Assistant Town Planner Recruitment|
|Punjab PSC Official Website||http://www.ppsc.gov.in/|
!!..Wish You All The Best..!!
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query. Keep Updating Yourself.