UPSC NDA/NA II Exam Syllabus 2019 National Defence Academy/Naval Academy Examination Complete Syllabus for 2019 NDA/NA (I) & (II) Exams to be held in 2019 Complete Syllabus for Preparation UPSC NDA (II) Exam pattern and Syllabus UPSC NDA Syllabus 2019
UPSC NDA/NA II Exam Syllabus 2019
Latest Update on 05-07-2019 :- NDA II Application Begin From 07 Aug 2019. UPSC NDA/NA Exam Syllabus for the Second Exam held in November 17, 2019. Candidates Are Requested To Keep Visiting Our Website For Latest Update.
The National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to respective service academies for further pre-commissioning training. The NDA is located in Khadakwasla, Pune, Maharashtra. It is the first tri-service academy in the world.
(i) For Army Wing of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University
Exam Pattern and Marking
|NDA||Mathematics||General Ability Test|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes||150 minutes|
|No. of Section||1||2 (English and G.K.)|
|No. of objective Questions||120||150|
|Total marks||300||600(English 200 & GK 400)|
2.5 for correct
-0.83 for incorrect
4 for correct
-1.3 for incorrect
|Medium||English and Hindi||English & Hindi Only for GK|
UPSC NDA/NA Exam Syllabus
It covers basic questions from grammar and vocabulary such as synonyms – antonyms, comprehension questions, fill in the blanks, spotting the error, passage, sentence arrangement etc.
General Knowledge Syllabus
GK is a vast topic it contains endless topics from around the world. NDA General Knowledge question paper also covers questions from various topics. this paper basically designed to test your general knowledge of the world.
Physics Syllabus topics
- Definition of Force: – strength or energy or physical activity
- Momentum: – the amount of movement of a moving body, measured as a result of its mass and speed
- What is gravity or gravitation?
- What is Motion of objects?
- What are Sound waves and their properties?
- Change of State and Latent Heat
- Define Conductors and Non-conductors
- What is Density?
- What are the Effects of Heat?
- What are the Properties of a Magnet?
- Define Volume
- Principle of Archimedes
- What is Newton’s Laws of Motion?
- What are the Primary and Secondary Cells?
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Difference between Reflection and refraction
- Use of X-Rays
- Ohm’s Law Simple Electrical Circuits definition.
Chemistry Syllabus topics
- What is Elements Mixtures and Compounds Symbols Formula?
- Physical and Chemical changes
- Acids bases and salts
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide Oxidation and Reduction
- Simple Chemical Equations Law of Chemical Combination
- What is Properties of Air and Water?
- Different forms of carbon
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights Valency
- The material used in the preparation of substances like soap Glass Ink Paper Cement Paints Safety Matches and Gun-Powder.
General Science Syllabus topics:-
- Development and Reproduction in Plants and Animals ,
- Difference between the living and non-living ,
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs ,
- Basis of Life – Cells Protoplasm and Tissues ,
- Common Epidemics their causes and prevention ,
- Constituents of food Balanced Diet ,
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists ,
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets Eclipses ,
- Food – Source of Energy for man.
History Syllabus topics: –
- Five Year Plans of India
- Freedom Movement in India
- Broad survey of Indian History with emphasis on Culture and Civilization
- Indian Constitution and Administration
- Role of India in the present world
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Forces shaping the modern world
- Socialism and Communism
- Panchayati Raj Co-operatives and Community Development
- Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
Geography Syllabus topics: –
- Earth – shape , size , movement and its effects, Origin, Weather, Rocks and their classification, Latitudes and Longitudes,
- Mechanical and Chemical Earthquakes and volcanoes ,
- Humidity , Types of Climate ,
- Atmosphere and its composition ,
- Important Sea ports and main sea land and air routes of India ,
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure,
- Planetary Winds cyclones and Anti-cyclones etc.
Current Events topics
Latest NDA Syllabus for current events is basically questions asked from recent activities and events such as Indian politics, Sports, Awards, Finance, Banking, Marketing, Media etc.
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus
Algebra syllabus topics
- Concept of a set
- operations on sets
- modulus argument
- equivalence relation
- Cartesian product relation
- modulus argument
- Cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Permutation and Combination
- Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws
- Complex numbers – basic properties
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
- Geometric and Harmonic Progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
Trigonometry Syllabus topics
- Properties of triangles.
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formula
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Applications – Height and distance
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
Matrices and Determinants Syllabus topics
- Types of matrices
- Determinant of a matrix
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Operations on matrices
- Basic properties of determinants
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
Differential Calculus Syllabus topics
- Composite functions
- Derivatives of sum
- Concept of a real-valued function – domain
- range and graph of a function
- Second order derivatives
- Derivative of function at a point
- Product and quotient of functions
- Derivative of a composite function
- Increasing and decreasing functions
- Derivative of a function with respect to another function
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions topics
- Distance formula
- Ellipse and hyperbola
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Standard forms of parabola
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
Integral Calculus and Differential Equations topics
- Integration as inverse of differentiation
- Integration by substitution and by parts
- Exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Standard integrals involving algebraic expressions
- General and particular solution of a differential equation
Vector Algebra Syllabus topics
- Vectors in two and three dimensions
- Scalar multiplication of vector
- Magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors addition of vectors
Statistics and Probability Syllabus topics
- Pie Chart
- Frequency distribution
- Statistics: Classification of data
- Frequency Polygon – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram
- Correlation and regression
- Measures of Central Tendency – Mean Median and Mode
- Cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Random experiment
- Binomial distribution
- Conditional probability
- Outcomes and associated sample space
- Impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events
- elementary and composite events
- Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Mutually exclusive and exhaustive events
- Examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
Make sure that you prepare well for the upcoming NDA exam questions paper. Candidates are advised to be prepared, It is about 6 months away. So Candidates take their study to upper level & prepare well for exam.
Check the official notification for the reserved seat according to the categories.
Important Link Area
|NDA/NA (I)&(II) INFO||Click Here|
|Download Official Notification||Click Here|
Candidates Can Leave Their Respective Comments Regarding NDA/NA Exam Syllabus 2019 In The Comment Box. Candidates Can Share Any Query Regarding This Post. https://www.jobriya.in