How to Prepare for SBI Clerk 2018 Mains exam How to Crack SBI Clerical Cadre Exam 2018 Junior Associate Tips What topics to prepare for SBI Clerical 2016 Mains Exam Clerk JA JAA Mains exam process Study Plan for SBI Clerk Study Tips for SBI Exam
Preparation Tips for SBI Clerk 2018 Mains Exam
About SBI Clerk Exam :-
State Bank of India is fully responsible for conducting Clerical Cadre Exam. SBI will conduct online exam for recruitment in Clerical Cadre for Junior Associate & Junior Agriculture Associate Posts. Candidates who have completed their graduation can give this exam. This is one of the most awaited exam for Banking Sector every year. Clerk exam is treated as second highly rated exam of Banking Sector after PO/ MT exam. In the recent years level of competition in Banking Sector is interestingly increased. So focused & planned preparation for exam become very necessary for Selection. In this article we are going to discuss how/ what to prepare to crack SBI Clerk exam, what topics to focus more, which topics should given less time.
READ FULL ARTICLE GRADUALLY FOR BETTER PREPARATION
Selection Process :-
SBI Junior Associates & Junior Agriculture Associates under Clerical Cadre selection process is very simple. First Step is an All India Written Exam (Pre & Mains). Candidates have to given online exam only once for selection in State Bank Of India. Candidates overall Marks decided by SBI to become eligible for Interview. Candidates have to do up to mark & goal oriented preparation for this exam.
Online Written Exam :-
SBI will organize Pre & Mains Exam for Junior Associate (Clerk) Post But Selection will be purely based on Mains Exam. Let’s have a look on the changed SBI Clerk Exam Pattern.
- In Pre Part, there will be only three sections. Namely Reasoning (35 Marks), Quantitative Aptitude (35 Marks) & English (30 Marks). Time Duration will be 1 Hour for Pre Exam. And Also Separate Timing For Each Section 20 Minutes.
- Marks Distribution for each topic is as follows:- (i) Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude (60 marks) (ii) English Language (40 marks) (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks) (iv) General/Financial Awareness (50 marks).
- Total Time allotted for Mains Exam is 2 Hour 40 Minutes. Distribution will be as : (i) Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude (45 Minutes) (ii) English Language (35 Minutes) (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (45 Minutes) (iv) General/Financial Awareness (35 Minutes)
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there is Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in this Exam. So plan for exam is according to the pattern & syllabus of SBI Clerical Cadre.
NOTE : Pattern of Questions & Topics for Pre & Main Exam will be same. Pre Exam will be Qualifying Nature. In Pre Exam, Question will be come from the below mentioned Topics but in less amount. So Start Preparing Taking Main Exam in Mind.
Reasoning And Computer Aptitude :-
Reasoning part is very important aspect of this exam. This part is useful because of the pattern of questions ask in this exam.
- This section is very scoring so candidates needs to focus more on this part.
- Most of the questions in this sections are comprehensive type reasoning. A paragraph is given & 4 to 5 questions asked related to that paragraph. This Part may contain Logic of Seating Arrangement, Blood Relation, Men & Floor etc.
- So This part is very useful, by solving passage you can answer 5/ 6 questions within no time. so candidates needs to practice more questions of Comprehension type reasoning. This part take less time if you solve paragraph puzzles with full concentration.
- There is drawback of comprehension type reasoning, if you solve puzzle wrong, your all answers will be wrong. So candidates solve passage with Intelligence & Concentration.
- Questions from Coding Decoding can be in ample amounts so Practice that Topic.
- This part play a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depends on this section. So SBI Aspirants ! Make Reasoning your main weapon in the exam for crack upcoming SBI clerk exam as this part contain 40 valuable marks.
- In Mains Exam this Part will come along with Computer Section so save ample time to Solve Computer Aptitude.
In SBI exams there is additional part of questions related to Computer Knowledge & Aptitude compare to SSC exam. In this section Some questions are asked.
- In this section question are asked from topics related to Basic of Computers, Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Memory Orientation, Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology.
- Candidates can easily score in this sections because syllabus is not so vast.
- Questions ask from operations which a person can generally done on computers.
Topics to focus more :- Venn Diagrams, Seating Arrangements, Input-Output, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Puzzles Etc.
English Language :-
Another important & scoring part of SBI exam is General English. Candidate can score if they make proper time management.
- In this section candidates needs to focus more on selected topics like Errors, Comprehension, Cloze Test, Phrase Replacement Etc.
- Comprehension in this exam is very lengthy. so candidates have to manage time to read whole passage & answer to the Questions.
- It is often seen that candidates seems this less scoring. But this part is easy to score & less time taking if proper preparation time is given to English.
- Candidates are advised to don’t leave English part less prepared as it is very useful To Score marks in written exam.
Topics to focus more :- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Correction, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Sentence Rearrangement.
Quantitative Aptitude :-
Aptitude is the section which play final role in the marks & Merit List of candidates. Candidates who scores in this section have fare chances to score high in this exam.
- Candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English as this part takes more time to solve the problems in PRE EXAM.
- In Mains Exam there 50 Questions to solve in 45 Minutes. So Speed Must be maintained.
- Questions in this section will be less tough compared to PO exam.
- Calculation in questions are time taking, so candidates have to manage time for solving questions.
- Don’t take much time on one question. Solve question according to their merit.
- Focus on all question related to Data Interpretation & Simplification.
- Candidates can make strategy about how many no. of questions to be solve in Aptitude part with giving proper attention to all other sections because it is not practically possible to solve all 50 Questions in given time. Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
Topics to focus more :- Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Number Series, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
General /Financial Awareness :-
Nowadays General Awareness is Key part to score in the exam. Candidates who are up to date about facts & news of everyday aspects score more marks in this section.
- In SBI exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs.
- Focus mainly on current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector.
- Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture are topics from which questions will be ask.
- Some questions are related to Banking & Marketing.
- Candidates are advised to sharpen their axe on daily current affairs by reading newspaper, magazines related to current affairs.
- Candidates can answer only those questions on which they are fully confident because their is negative marking. Wrong answer lessen your chances for selection.
- Under Financial Awareness, Candidates need to Learn about RBI & It’s Role, RBI’s Main Function, Banks in India, Policy Rates, Currency in India, Nationalization of Banks, NBFC, Accounts in Banks, ATMs, Non Performing Assets & SARFAESI Act, about DICGC, Financial Inclusion, Types of Money/ Notes, Priority Sector Lending, Important Banking Terms, Important Codes in Banking, Taglines of Banks, Head Quarters of Banks etc.
Despite Learning all these Topics, Candidates need to have a look on All Financial News, Activities of Last 3, 4 months before Mains Exam
PRACTICE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN- LIKE NEVER BEFORE
Final Words :- Aspirants! Stay calmed & focused on your ultimate goal. You are born to win. No exam is tough until you with full dedication & Hard Work. Stay focus on your study plan. Make full hearted attempt towards cracking the nut of SBI Clerical Cadre. Give your 100% in the exam. Surely You will get your ultimate goal.
All the Best For SBI Clerk Exam
You can get all updates regarding SBI Clerk Exam from our website (www.jobriya.com). Keep in touch with us by adding a “Bookmark” to our website.
Keep Updating Yourself with “WWW.JOBRIYA.IN”
Candidates can drop their respective comments in the comment box. Candidates can share any query regarding this post . Our Panel will Solve your Query.