How to Prepare for NICL AO 2015 exam Important Topics/ Exam Preparation Tips for NICL Administrative Officer What topics to prepare for NICL AO Generalist/ Specialist Exam NICL AO GA Important Topics Study Plan/ Tips for NICL AO 2015
How to Prepare for NICL AO Exam 2015
► Admit Cards for NICL AO Scale I Exam are available for Download. You can Download Admit card from the given below link……..
NICL AO Exam 2015:- National Insurance Company Limited is going to organize a Online Written exam for Recruitment of Administrative Officer Scale I Post. Candidates who have completed their graduation can give this exam. NICL organize this AO Exam for GENERALIST/ SPECIALIST Cadre. In the recent years level of competition in Exams is interestingly increased. So focused & planned preparation for exam become Necessity for Selection. In this article we are going to discuss how/ what to prepare to crack NICL AO exam, what topics to focus more, which topics should given less time.
Exam Process:- NICL AO selection process is very simple. First Step is an All India Written Exam & Second Step is to face Interview. Candidates have to attain minimum cut off marks in each section & overall decided by NICL to become eligible for Interview. Candidates have to do up to mark & goal oriented preparation for this exam.
NICL AO Written Exam:- NICL AO Exam is of 200 Marks for both Generalist & Specialist Post. NICL AO Exam will going to be a mixture Objective & Descriptive Questions. Let’s Have A look on the exam process…………
GENERALIST:- There are 40 Questions each from the topics:- (i) Reasoning (40 marks) (ii) English Language (40 marks) (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (40 marks) (iv) General Awareness (40 marks). Descriptive Test is also of (40 Marks), under which 3 questions have to Answer.
SPECIALIST:- There are 30 Questions each from the topics:- (i) Reasoning (30 marks) (ii) English Language (30 marks) (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (30 marks) (iv) General Awareness (30 marks). An additional test to assess technical& professional knowledge in the relevant discipline will also be taken which consists of 40 questions & 40 Marks. Descriptive Test is also of (40 Marks), under which 3 questions have to Answer.
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there will Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in this Exam for Objective Part. So plan for exam is according to the pattern & syllabus of NICL AO.
NOTE:- Candidates have to give Descriptive Test Online via mean of Key Board. Time Duration of Objective part is 02:00 Hours (120 minutes) and descriptive part is 45 minutes.
NICL AO IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR COMMON SUBJECTS
Reasoning:- Reasoning part is very important aspect of this exam. This part is useful because of the pattern of questions ask in this exam.
- This section is very scoring so candidates needs to focus more on this part.
- Most of questions in this sections are comprehensive type reasoning. A paragraph is given & 4 to 5 questions asked related to that paragraph.
- So This part is very useful, by solving passage you can answer 4/ 5 questions within no time. so candidates needs to practice more questions of Comprehension type reasoning. This part take less time if you solve paragraph puzzles with full concentration.
- There is drawback of comprehension type reasoning, if you solve puzzle wrong, your all answers will be wrong. so candidates solve passage with Intelligence & Concentration.
- This part play a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depends on this section. So NICL AO Aspirants ! Make Reasoning your main weapon in the exam for crack AO exam as this part contain 40 valuable marks.
Topics to focus more:- Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Comprehension Reasoning, Seating Arrangements.
TIPS!!!! Be Ready for Some Hard Level questions or We can say time consuming Question. Level of Exam will be as per PO Exam in Banking Sector so focus on those questions which are less time consuming. Keep other questions for Later on in the exam.
English Language:- Another important & scoring part of AO exam is General English. Candidate can score if they make proper time management.
- In this section candidates needs to focus more on selected topics like Errors, Comprehension, Cloze Test.
- Comprehension in this exam is very lengthy. so candidates have to manage time to read whole passage & answer to the Questions.
- It is often seen that candidates seems this less scoring. But this part is easy to score & less time taking if proper preparation time is given to English.
- Candidates are advised to don’t leave English part less prepared as it is very useful in scoring marks in written exam.
Topics to focus more:- Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
TIPS!!!! As This is an Insurance Sector Exam, Comprehension, Cloze Test can be asked from the Insurance Sector. So Be Ready & follow editorial page of The Hindu or Insurance Sector Latest Updates to Score More.
Quantitative Aptitude:- Aptitude is the section which play final role in the marks & Merit List of candidates. Candidates who scores in this section have fare chances to score high in this exam.
- Candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English & General Awareness as this part takes more time to solve the problems.
- Questions in this section will be expected of Higher Level.
- Calculation is questions are time taking, so candidates have to manage time for solving questions.
- Don’t take much time on one question. Solve question according to their merit.
- Focus on all question related to Data Interpretation & Simplification.
- Candidates can make strategy about how many no. of questions to be solve in Aptitude part with giving proper attention to all other sections because it is not practically possible to solve all 40 Questions in given time. Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
Topics to focus more:- Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
TIPS!!!! As 40/ 30 Questions asked from this Section, Try to Answer Date Interpretation Part First, then Number Series. Practice to calculate fast. Remember Sqauare, Sqauare Root, Cube, Important Formulae’s to Answer quickly. Don’t stuck at one question by making it stake of Proud.
General Awareness:- Nowadays General Awareness is Key part to score in the exam. Candidates who are up to date about facts & news of everyday aspects score more in this section
- In Present AO exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs.
- Focus mainly on current affairs related to Insurance Sector, Economics Sector.
- Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture, Currency, Capital, UN HQRs are topics from which questions will be ask.
- Candidates are advised to sharpen their axe on daily current affairs by reading newspaper, magazines related to current affairs.
- Candidates can answer only those questions on which they are fully confident because their is negative marking. Wrong answer lessen your chances for selection.
TIPS!!!! Under General Awareness Part, bulk of questions will be from Current Affairs & General Knowledge. Candidates who have doubt about Current Affairs preparation Time Span. Current Affairs of last 3, 4 months will be sufficient, Specially 2 Months from the Date of Exam. Don’t Forget to Prepare current affairs for April month, as Exam will conduct in April.
SPECIALIST SUBJECTS:- Candidates who apply for Specialist Post are advise to Focus on Only Important Topics. Don’t Forget to learn Basic of each subject. Questions may also be asked from General Science like as it happen in the Past Exams of NICL. So be ready for each type of questions.
DESCRIPTIVE TEST:- Unlike Bank Exams, for Administrative Officer Post There will be Descriptive Test for AO Post. This will not be of qualifying Nature as exam pattern suggests. Marks of Descriptive test can be Added with Objective Test.
- Under Descriptive Test, Questions will be asked from Essay, Précis Writing & Comprehension.
- This will also be Online Test.
TIPS!!!! Under Descriptive Test, Candidates need to Focus on the Effective & Precise Writing. All Questions can be of Topics under Insurance Sector. So Prepare According to That. Start Practice for typing so that you increase your typing Speed.
AO Interview:- Candidates who are declared qualify in Written exam & have marks more than cut off prescribed by NICL will be called for Interview. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks. In Interview main focus is on your personality, confidence, knowledge of Insurance Sector, Current Affairs related to Banking, About Banks RBI Banking Rates. IRDA, About NICL & Personal Information.
Tips to Crack NICL AO Exam:- Candidates need to follow following Tips to crack AO exam:-
- As the Level of AO is much High than any other Assistant exam so candidates needs to work very hard at regular basis.
- Focus on your Goal, Regular Reading of Syllabus topics, News papers & Selection Oriented preparation only helps you to crack this exam.
- Study Topic wise. Take one topic at one time & practice more questions on that topic to make it your strength in exam.
- Candidates needs to be upto date about Current Affairs.
- After Reading all syllabus. Take yourself time to revise important topics related to exam. In Revision process focus more on the Topic which are your weakness. Pay less attention to Topic you well prepared.
Mock Tests:- After you complete syllabus, give Mock Tests with Honesty & time duration of 2 Hour. It helps you to guide towards your weak points. In last five days focus on your weak points.
- If possible try to give online mock test, it take you proper feel of exam & you can Manage your time for solve the questions.
- Only High Scoring Marks takes you to your final Goal. so give exam taken this point to count.
- In the Examination Hall make strategy according to your preparation. Take that section which is your strength & less time taking. Pay attention towards time during solving questions.
Final Words:- Aspirants! Stay calmed & focused on your ultimate goal. You are born to win. No exam is tough until you decided to crack this full dedication & Hard Work. Stay focus on your study plan. Make full hearted attempt towards cracking the nut of NICL AO. Give your 100% in the exam. Surely You will get your ultimate goal & your Trophy will be AO Post in NICL.
All the Best For NICL AO Exam
Please Keep Visit our website (www.jobriya.in) for latest updates related to NICL Administrative Officer Scale I Exam 2015.
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query.