UPPSC Syllabus 2018 UPPSC Lower Subordinate Service Syllabus 2018 UPPSC Lower PCS Exam Syllabus 2018 UPPSC Lower Subordinate Pre Exam Pattern UPPSC Lower PCS Mains Exam Syllabus 2017
UPPSC Lower Subordinate Syllabus 2018
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is going to conduct Combined Lower Subordinate Services Exam 2018. Candidates who are ignorant about exam pattern & syllabus for CLSE (General/Special Recruitment), we are providing here exam syllabus for Mains written exam. We hope information provided here will be beneficial for candidates.
PLAN OF EXAMINATION: The competitive examination comprises three successive stages viz :-
(1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
(2) Main Examination (Objective & Conventional)
Preliminary Written Exam
Exam Pattern :- Exam Pattern for UPPSC Lower PCS Exam will be as follows :
► The written test will be multiple choice objective type.
► There will be a composite paper carrying 150 questions of total 300 marks.
► The time duration will be 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
Exam Syllabus :- Syllabus of UPPSC Lower Subordinate Pre Exam is given hereunder :
(1) History of India and Indian National movement :- in History of India emphasis should be on broad understanding of social, economic and politic, aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
(2) Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World :- Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
(3) Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, rights-issues etc :- Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political- system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
(4) Indian Economy and Social Development :- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanization, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
(5) Current Events of National and international Importance :- This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
(6) Indian Agriculture :- The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce and its marketing.
(7) General Science :- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
(8) Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level :- Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Note:- The candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above topics with special reference to UP.
Main Written Exam
Exam Pattern:- There will be two Papers for Mains Exam consisting of Total 400 Marks. Patter will be as follows:-
General Studies (120 Questions)
- There will be Negative Marking in Paper-I.
- Paper-II will be of Descriptive Nature.
Exam Syllabus:- Syllabus for Mains Written Exam will be as follows:-
General Studies:- Questions in General Studies will ask from following Topics:-
- Current Affairs of National and International Importance – This will also include questions on Sports & Games.
- Logical, Critical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- General Mental Ability – Questions as would test candidates’ result-oriented aptitude.
- Statistical Analysis – Graphs and Diagrams, as would test the candidates’ ability to draw common sense
- Conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form.
- General Awareness and Knowledge of Indian Constitution and Panchayati Raj system
- Computer Knowledge – Introduction to computers, Hardware & Software, Computer Network, Internet & E-mail.
- Gandhian Thoughts – Political, Social and Economic spheres.
- U.P. specific questions -On Education, Culture, Agriculture, Population, Trade & Commerce, Social Customs, Industries etc.
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills, Decision making and Problem-solving.
- General Human behaviors – Discipline, Morality, Leadership, Women-empowerment.
- General Science – Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
General Hindi & Essay:-
- अपठित गद्यांश का संक्षेपण, उससे संबंधित प्रश्न, रेखांकित अंशों की व्याख्या एवं उसका उपर्युक्त शीर्षक ।
- शासकीय, अर्द्धशासकीय, वैयत्तिक तथा व्यावसायिक समस्याओं के निराकरण हेतु संबंधित को सम्बोधित पत्र, कार्यालय आदेश, अधिसूचना और परिपत्र संबंधी पत्रलेखन/ आलेखन ।
- अनेकार्थी शब्द, विलोम शब्द, पर्यायवाची शब्द, तत्सम एवं तद्भव शब्द, क्षेत्रीय, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार), वर्तनी, अर्थबोध, शब्द-रूप, संधि, समास, क्रियाएँ, हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह, शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ, उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ तथा हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ ।
इसके अंतर्गत दो उपखण्ड होंगे । प्रत्येक उपखण्ड में एक-एक निबंध (कुल मिलाकर दो निबंध) लिखने होंगे । प्रत्येक निबंध की विस्तार सीमा 700 शब्द होगी । निबंध हेतु निम्नवत् क्षेत्र होंगे :-
(अ) (i) साहित्य, संस्कृति (ii) राष्ट्रीय विकास योजनाएं/क्रियान्वयन (iii) कृषि, उद्योग एवं व्यापार ।
(ब) (i) विज्ञान, पर्यावरण (ii) प्राकृतिक आपदाएं एवं उनके निवारण (iii) राष्ट्रीय, अंतर्राष्ट्रीय, सामयिक सामाजिक समस्याएं/ निदान ।
The Interview will be of Total 50 Marks…..The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, Character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service
For More Information Please Visit : http://uppsc.up.nic.in/
Candidates can leave their respective comments in the comment box. Any Query & Question about this post will be welcomed and our panel will try to solve your relative query.